We know your home is where your heart is, but we also know that’s one very big, illiquid asset (and liability too) with no yield in your portfolio.
A home is dear to the hearts of many retirees, but it may also be a large and illiquid asset, and/or liability.
Income is paramount, but reaching for yield is perilous. What you should consider doing with the home is much more complex than often discussed. Let’s tear the roof of this topic and start to discuss some key issues brick by brick.
In this one-hour session, you will evaluate:
- How retiring without a mortgage is very smart, but accelerating the payoff to accomplish such a goal may not be so smart.
- How “livable” (really) is your home long-term?
- What could be the long-term cost profile (liability) of maintaining your home?
- Your options: HELOC, Reverse Mortgage, downsize, or sell.
Michael Falk, CFA, CRC®, Partner with the Focus Consulting Group – Behavioral Finance & Investment Management Expert
Michael was the CIO in charge of manager due diligence and asset allocation for a multi-billion dollar advisory. His background includes extensive asset allocation research and portfolio development expertise along with a a multi-faceted understanding of behavioral finance and retirement issues.
Moderator: Betty Meredith, CFA, CFP®, CRC®, Int’l Retirement Resource Center
1 hr CFP®, CRC®, and other CE Credit Reporting
Overall Rating: 4.5 / 5
Retail: $29.00 Add to Cart
Comments from Retirement Professionals who have taken this course:
- “Was good to know there are other ways to enhance your retirement. the talk of the interest rates globally was helpful in understanding the low rates.”
- “Something I haven’t given enough thought to for my clients. I will now.”
- “VERY GOOD SESSION.”
- “Excellent. Great advice. Going to make an effort to get rid of my clutter that I haven’t looked at for way too many years so my kids don’t have to do it. Although my daughter is the opposite of me and would probably just throw it all out. Great webinar! Thank you!
Video and audio MP3 formats available
Specifications: 60-minute webinar course
Knowledge Level: 3 – Intermediate
Your satisfaction guaranteed: We know that you will be pleased with your purchase of this product. If, however, you are not completely satisfied notify us within 30 days of your purchase to receive a full refund of your fee, less any CFP® CE reporting fees for courses that were filed prior to membership cancellation.