There is a cultural shift that taking place in DB Plans today regarding employee retirement income and the roles that played in helping employees successfully transition to retirement using their DC savings.
People with a DC plan as their primary saving vehicle have not only the personal responsibility of funding their retirement, but they are at risk of running out of money.
People need to take important planning steps to secure their future retirement income. The challenges with defined contribution plans today are that many people are not saving enough, there is leakage due to loans and early withdrawals, and retirees are on their own to generate reliable, lifetime retirement income. Employers need to do more with plan design and education to help employees generate retirement income from their defined contribution savings.
In “Money for Life: Help your plan participants avoid going broke in retirement”, you will learn more about:
- An overview of the today’s retirement planning environment;
- A review of current and future trends in employer-sponsored defined contribution plans, including retirement income;
- A summary of the methods used today to generate retirement income savings;
- Evaluation criteria for today’s “retirement income generators” in defined contribution plans;
- The pros and cons of employees staying in employee plans or rolling over their funds to an IRA;
- How to pull it all together and apply these concepts to what you can teach your employees about how to use their defined contribution plan savings for retirement.
Steve Vernon, FSA Expert in Strategies that Integrate DC Plans, Social Security, QLACs
Steve is President of Rest-of-Life Communications, and a member of the Executive Faculty and Research Fellow with the California Institute for Finance at California Lutheran University, where he conducts research on behavioral finance. He recently retired as Vice President and Consulting Actuary with the human resources consulting firm Watson Wyatt Worldwide. For over 30 years, he helped large employers design and manage their retirement programs.
Moderator: Betty Meredith, CFA, CFP®, CRC®, Int’l Retirement Resource Center
1 hr CFP®, CRC®, and other CE Credit Reporting
Overall Rating: 4.4 / 5
Retail: $29.00 Add to Cart
Video and audio MP3 formats available
Specifications: 60-minute webinar course
Knowledge Level: 3 – Intermediate
Your satisfaction guaranteed: We know that you will be pleased with your purchase of this product. If, however, you are not completely satisfied notify us within 30 days of your purchase to receive a full refund of your fee, less any CFP® CE reporting fees for courses that were filed prior to membership cancellation.