What to consider if it’s time to move to a retirement community
• What is the plan if needs advance beyond what’s available in that retirement community?
• Is long-term care insurance in place?
• Once the home is sold, can freed-up home equity be invested or a portion used to buy a hybrid LTC plan?
• Consider creating a plan for covering the monthly payments; i.e. inflation-adjusted annuity, dividend plan, bonds, etc.
• Consider using the potential year-1 medical tax deduction when entering a CCRC for a Roth conversion if the client qualifies.
For more on this subject by Brad Breeding you may take this course for 1 CE credit here. Or, visit Retirement Insight and Trends, InFRE’s quarterly newsletter for retirement professionals, for a summary article of this 2017 presentation. Learn more about the presenter, Brad Breeding, CFP®, President and Co-Founder of MyLifeSite.