Where senior living and retirement planning intersect, opportunities emerge
It’s counter-intuitive, but staying in the home may not be the least expensive way to age in place. Brad Breeding, CFP, President of myLifeStyle.com, believes advisors can be a catalyst for prompting important conversations while also enhancing your practice with questions such as:
- What concerns you about your future?
- Is it your plan to stay in your home for the long term? Why or why not?
- What’s most important to you about that?
- What are some of the contingencies that we need to plan for if you do that?
- Have you thought about what you might do if your health surprisingly declines?
- What steps would you like your family to take?
- How involved do you want your family to be?
For more on this subject by Brad Breeding you may take this course for 1 CE credit here. Or, visit Retirement Insight and Trends, InFRE’s quarterly newsletter for retirement professionals, for a summary article of this 2017 presentation. Learn more about the presenter, Brad Breeding, CFP®, President and Co-Founder of MyLifeSite.