Retirement education you can trust by today’s experts to help you secure retirement.
Retirement plan designs have evolved rapidly with the shift from a defined benefit to a defined contribution world. Employees now assume all the risk of a secure retirement. However, the typical workplace education program that should help employees make informed decisions in today’s retirement environment hasn’t kept up.
We’ve been designing and providing retirement education programs in live workshop and webinar formats for consumers and advisors for 30 years. We will help you design a webinar series from our library of on-demand courses from over 40 leading retirement experts and make it easy for you to reach employees in different locations, shifts, and levels of knowledge cost-effectively.
Group learning sessions can be scheduled as lunch-n-learns or access provided to employees to watch with spouses or significant others after work hours.
Which topics should be included in a smart retirement education program for employees?
Content is more actionable when viewed in order of the topics below to develop a holistic understanding of the retirement income planning process, as well as to increase employee participation and application of concepts.
Dimension 1: PLAN Spending by Phase
1. Overview of a 21st-century retirement
2. Plan for purposeful retirement; transitioning to retirement
3. Plan for a successful/healthy aging
4. Plan retirement expenses by retirement phase (early, mid, late)
Dimension 2: PROTECT Plan from Risks
4. Create a lifetime income foundation for self and spouse with Social Security
5. Choose the right Medicare plan
6. Fund retirement healthcare costs tax-free
7. Protect yourself from financial elder fraud
Dimension 3: PROVIDE Strategies for Optimizing Resources
8. Create a retirement income strategy
9. Annuities, life insurance, and retirement income
10. Home equity strategies that protect managed assets
11. Rollovers and withdrawals from qualified plans and IRAs
12. Divorce and retirement plans
13. Medicaid funding for long-term care if needed
14. Retirement plan trusts to protect estate wishes
15. Five last wishes (aging with dignity)
How does our Retirement Smart series work?
- Register for and name a “team” package upon checkout
- Choose the number of individuals you’d like to provide access.
- You will receive an email providing member login credentials
- Upload or manually enter the contact information of “team” members who are to have access
- We will work with you to choose and schedule nine broadcasts of the webinar topics listed above for employees to view over a 12 month period
- Programs can be accessed by employees in a group learning format or by self-study. You schedule group sessions and promote the time(s) to employees. Those you registered as team members receive access to print a PDF of slides and a one-page Action Plan for capturing next steps whether they take a course in group or on-demand self-study formats.
- We provide you with a print evaluation per course or for the series that employees can also complete online
What employees say about Retirement Smart courses
“Provided multiple areas to think about for retirement. Made me see the need to visit with a planner or advisor now versus waiting.”
“Provided things to think about that I had not previously considered.”
“Helpful with showing how inflation and healthcare will affect our retirement savings/spending.”
“This showed me where I need to be for retirement.”
“I wish I would have learned this sooner.”
“Explained very well so the average person could understand. I learned so much!”
“The information was presented in a way I could understand and use once in retirement.”
“No one should consider retirement without this information.”