By being retirement smart, we can help our women clients prepare ahead of time for the retirement-specific risks that are most likely to affect them.
In retirement, women are more at risk than men of living longer than expected, surviving a spouse, experiencing a “grey divorce”, being a caregiver, dealing with the long-term care expenses of a spouse, and eventually relying solely on Social Security for their retirement income.
“Women and Retirement” provides specifics about what planners should do to help their women clients be more retirement secure.
In this session you will gain ideas for helping your women clients, family and friends be more retirement secure:
- Learn about retirement risks faced by women
- Learn how to help clients experiencing retirement “shocks” such as divorce, widowhood, or caregiving, protect their retirement security (Cindy Hounsell, JD, President, WISER)
- Discover how to help single, married, divorced or widowed clients make an informed Social Security decision that protects their retirement income (Mary Beth Franklin, CFP®)
- Learn how home equity can be used beyond just supplemental retirement income (Shelley Giordano, Longevity View Associates)
- Experience a before and after case study that applies all the above and provides practical tools for implementing insights with your own clients (Betty Meredith, CFA, CFP®, CRC®, Int’l Retirement Resource Center)
Cindy Hounsell, JD, President of WISER, the Women’s Institute for a Secure Retirement
Cindy Hounsell, JD, is the President of WISER, the Women’s Institute for a Secure Retirement, a nonprofit organization that seeks to improve the opportunities for women to secure retirement income and to educate the public about the inequities that disadvantage women in retirement.
Mary Beth Franklin, CFP®, Contributing Editor, InvestmentNews
Mary Beth Franklin, CFP®, Contributing Editor, InvestmentNews, is a nationally known and frequently quoted expert on Social Security claiming strategies. She has a long-time interest and expertise in retirement issues, Social Security, and taxes, with a background in the federal budget, international trade, and Capitol Hill as it affects personal finance.
Shelly Giordano, Founder, Funding Longevity Task Force,
Shelly Giordano founded the Funding Longevity Task Force and serves as Chair. This team of researchers, gerontologists, financial planning practitioners, and lenders is devoted to helping Boomers understand how powerful their housing wealth could in planning for a more secure retirement.
Betty Meredith, CFA, CFP®, CRC®. Advocate for Retirement Security of the Mid-Market
Betty Meredith, CFA, CFP®, CRC®, is a leading voice on retirement planning for the middle mass and mass affluent markets. She is the Managing Member of the Int’l Retirement Resource Center.
Moderator: Betty Meredith, CFA, CFP®, CRC®, Int’l Retirement Resource Center
2 hrs CFP®, CRC®, and other CE Credit Reporting
Overall Rating: 4.4 / 5
Retail: $29.00 Add to Cart
Video and audio MP3 formats available
Specifications: 60-minute webinar course
Knowledge Level: 3 – Intermediate
Your satisfaction guaranteed: We know that you will be pleased with your purchase of this product. If, however, you are not completely satisfied notify us within 30 days of your purchase to receive a full refund of your fee, less any CFP® CE reporting fees for courses that were filed prior to membership cancellation.