Become a true retirement professional.
Adults move through the following levels of learning as we build competence in a new skill:
Level 1: We don’t know that we don’t have this skill, or that we need to learn it (we don’t know that we don’t know)
Level 2: We know that we don’t have this skill (we know that we don’t know)
Level 3: We know that we have this skill (we have to remind ourselves how to do it)
Level 4: We don’t know that we have this skill; it just seems easy (we don’t know that we know – we subconsciously perform)
Most of the Retirement Resource Center’s programs build awareness about retirement decisions to be made (Level 1 for consumers ) or help advisors begin to learn a skill (Level 2). Because some subjects require advisors to understand more than can be addressed in our one-hour courses, we have developed relationships with the following high-quality providers of more in-depth, education-only firms where we encourage you to “delve deeper” and become a true retirement professional.
Our Delve Deeper Retirement Education Partners
In today’s new fiduciary environment, it is more important than ever before that retirement professionals gain the knowledge and skills needed to help American workers adequately prepare for retirement. The Certified Retirement Counselor® (CRC®) program was created over a two-year period in 1997 by the International Foundation for Retirement Education (InFRE) with our academic partner, Texas Tech University, and more than 100 retirement planning practitioners. Becoming a CRC will enhance your understanding of retirement planning concepts and principles, while tangibly demonstrating your expertise and commitment to the retirement planning profession.
The CRC is a Leader Among Retirement Designations
The CRC program distinguishes itself from other retirement designations in that it covers both retirement income and accumulation planning. To ensure the CRC exam is testing knowledge of the most recent up-to-date and relevant retirement planning concepts, InFRE conducts a comprehensive industry practice analysis every five years. The optional study materials help retirement professionals apply a consultative, process-oriented approach to help clients make more informed retirement planning decisions. The CRC program can be one answer to professional development needs related to the Department of Labor (DOL) Fiduciary Rule and the CRC Code of Ethics includes as one of its’ principles, “Acting in the best interest of the client or retirement plan participant”.
What is an Accredited Retirement Certification?
The CRC is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA). Independent third-party “program” accreditation for a professional certification provides impartial, third-party validation that the designation has met recognized credentialing standards for development, implementation, and maintenance. The premise behind NCCA accreditation standards is to ensure the health, welfare and safety of the public with certification programs that assess professional competency. Out of the 170 designations listed on the FINRA website, only seven are shown to be independently accredited.
Fortify your retirement expertise by becoming a Certified Retirement Counselor (CRC) Certificant!
NSSA® is a financial services training organization, which specializes in training financial planners, accountants, brokers, and insurance agents how to help their clients maximize Social Security benefits.
The NSSA® Certificate Program is a nationally recognized standard of competent and ethical Social Security planning, education, and training.
NSSA® offers a variety of education options including:
- Live Classroom Training – Face-to-face workshop with an NSSA® instructor, offered multiple times per year across the country
- Virtual Classroom Training – Web-based instructor-led workshop – log in from anywhere to participate in a live, 1-day program with an NSSA® instructor
- On-demand Training – 19-module video-based course with NSSA® instructors – complete the workshop lectures and activities on your own time
Increase your value as a professional advisor by participating in the same core educational offering from our unique and well-rounded National Social Security Advisor (NSSA®) Certificate Program. Learn the nuances of Social Security and keep your knowledge up to date so you can readily answer your clients’ questions about deciding when to claim SS benefits.
This option allows you to attend and participate in one of our live, 1-day face-to-face workshops with an NSSA® instructor, offered multiple times per year across the country, without sitting the final exam and earning the Certificate. Include access to the monthly continuing Education webinars and ongoing support.
Educational Offering Only, and Private Group Classes, Educational Offering Only – Priced from $350
- Increase your value as a professional advisor by participating in the same core educational offering from our unique and well-rounded National Social Security Advisor (NSSA®) Certificate Program.
- Learn the nuances of Social Security and keep your knowledge up to date so you can readily answer your clients’ questions about deciding when to claim SS benefits.This option allows you to attend and participate in one of our live, 1-day face-to-face workshops with an NSSA® instructor, offered multiple times per year across the country, without sitting the final exam and earning the Certificate. Does not include access to the monthly continuing education webinars and ongoing support.
Private Group Class – Pricing varies
Interested in a private NSSA® class at your company or for the members of your organization? We will bring our class and an NSSA® instructor to your facility. Leave the traveling to us! Just call Marc Kiner at 513-218-8505 and mention the Retirement Resource Center to discuss.
Health care in retirement has emerged as pre-retirees’ top concern. By eliminating the confusion over Medicare, custodial care and overall costs, fnancial advisors can bring peace of mind to their clients. Top advisors recognize that understanding the convergence of health care and fnancial planning is essential to holistic wealth management.
WealthWatch provides a personalized, online experience giving you the knowledge and peace of mind you seek when planning for retirement health care costs. Visit WealthWatch Resource Center to learn more about:
- Individual CE classes
- Retirement Health Care and Financial Planning – An overview of the key elements of retirement health care including Medicare, Health Savings Accounts, Costs, and Custodial Care.
- Accumulating Wealth with Health Savings Accounts – Advisers seeking to educate their clients about HSAs and manage HSA assets will learn the central financial planning concepts surrounding these innovative plans.
- Top of the First – The Convergence of Halth Care and Financial Planning – Peter’s book provides a comprehensive look at the central financial planning components of retirement health care. Learn important wealth accumulation and retirement income strategies impacting retirement health care planning.
- WealthWatch Retirement Health Care – Financial Planning premier video/webinar series
Bedrock Business Results offers presentations and coaching services to equip advisors to prepare clients for retirement health care. Health care needs during retirement will create a tremendous emotional and financial impact on your clients’ lives.
Are you, as a Financial Advisor, equipped to provide guidance and advice in this critical area? Advisors have a unique opportunity to build trust and cement client relationships across multiple generations by addressing this topic.
At WealthWatch, I provide a personalized, online experience giving you the knowledge and peace of mind you seek when planning for retirement health care costs.”
Peter Stahl Certified Financial Planner®
Founder of Bedrock Business Results and
the WealthWatch Resource Center