Every 10 seconds a Boomer turns 60 years old. Gray divorce is what many boomers face. Among U.S. adults over age 50, the divorce rate has doubled since 1994. Contrary to expectations, long term marriages are not immune and the largest increase (55%) is in first time marriages of over 20 years.
The gray divorce phenomenon is much examined because of its impact on the economy and on younger generations. There are surprisingly many nuances in the gray divorce statistics. This webinar will help advisors to understand what boomers want, what boomers experience, and what are the consequences of gray divorce are relating to financial security. Specifically, you will learn 8 key points to address with anyone going through divorce after age 50 and how to identify unique issues in divorce that are one-time opportunities for clients to maximize their outcome.
In “The Platinum Retirement Challenge – Gray Divorce”, you will:
- Learn about the triggers for gray divorce;
- Recognize the challenges boomers face at this stage of life and how divorce further complicates financial security, especially for women;
- Identify eight key areas for discussion with your clients going through divorce that must not be overlooked;
- Learn about the divorce process, financial issues in divorce, and decision-making within the context of the law
- Learn how to illuminate opportunities for clients to maximize cash flow, divide assets and preserve wealth unique to the divorce process and as exceptions to many IRS rules.
Lili Vasileff, CFP®, MAFF, CDFA®, President, Divorce and Money Matters, LLC and Wealth Protection Management
The presenter of this session is Lili Vasileff, a fee only CFP, Master in Financial Forensics specializing in matrimonial litigation (MAFF), Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA) and an independent Registered Investment Advisor. Lili is president and founder of Divorce and Money Matters LLC and of Wealth Protection Management, author of the book Money & Divorce: The Essential Roadmap to Mastering Financial Decisions, published by the American Bar Association, and president emeritus of the national Association of Divorce Financial Planners (ADFP).
Moderator: Betty Meredith, CFA, CFP®, CRC®, Int’l Retirement Resource Center
1 hr CFP®, CRC®, and other CE Credit Reporting
Overall Rating: 4.5 / 5
Retail: $29.00 Add to Cart
Video and audio MP3 formats available
Specifications: 60-minute webinar course
Knowledge Level: 3 – Intermediate
Your satisfaction guaranteed: We know that you will be pleased with your purchase of this product. If, however, you are not completely satisfied notify us within 30 days of your purchase to receive a full refund of your fee, less any CFP® CE reporting fees for courses that were filed prior to membership cancellation.