Why do financial professionals need to deepen and broaden their understanding of retirement?
Retirement income planning is complex.
According to the Investment Company Institute, total US retirement assets were $26.6 trillion as of June 30, 2017, accounting for 34 percent of all household financial assets in the United States.
The fiduciary duty of loyalty (putting the best interests of the client first), is only one-half of the fiduciary standard. As retirement professionals, we also are required to meet a fiduciary duty of care. The Department of Labor’s Best Interests Contract Exemption attaches a fiduciary obligation to the Financial Institution itself to sufficiently train their advisors. Advisors need to know what are the best potential solutions for the client.
Get access to up-to-date retirement professional development from retirement industry leaders.
The RRC Professional Development Subscription Program was created to serve your needs as a retirement professional. Subjects and speakers are chosen especially for retirement professionals, financial advisors, accountants, call center professionals, support staff, and public sector defined benefit, hybrid and defined contribution educators.
The new retirement environment requires advisors take a holistic approach when managing the retirement assets, income, and risks of the mid-market.
- Retirement readiness is holistic. It’s not just financial readiness. Our memberships help you PLAN for retirement readiness.
- Retirement risks can torpedo even the best-laid plans. Our memberships help you PROTECT the plan from retirement risks.
- Retirement income planning is more complex than accumulation planning. Our memberships help you PROVIDE retirement income.
How can you be sure you have a mastery of this range of retirement expertise?
Retirement Resource Center courses are broken down into the three components of retirement and income planning, providing a full curriculum to fortify every retirement professional’s proficiency.
What does it mean to be retirement ready? Most people would agree that the goal of a successful retirement is to be happy, healthy and financially secure. We help advisors holistically plan for retirement readiness by providing CE courses from today’s experts. Read more…
When we approach retirement planning, we need to prioritize a client’s ability to protect against the additional primary risks of inflation, longevity, health and long-term care before we plan for their investing risk tolerance. A large segment of Read more…
When helping the middle mass and middle affluent consumers plan for retirement income, a more defensive strategy is needed than just the structured, 4% systematic withdrawal approach commonly used by financial advisors today. To estimate how long a Read more…
Courses are available in Basic, Intermediate, and Delve Deeper Levels
Are you looking to learn more about the retirement-specific aspects of financial planning as it pertains to retirement readiness, risks, and income? Or are you looking to further develop your proficiency? We offer courses from a BASIC level of learning to INTERMEDIATE courses in all three areas of PLAN – PROTECT – PROVIDE.
For those who want a very thorough understanding of retirement subject areas we direct you to our DELVE DEEPER topics.
Courses qualify for CFP®, CRC®, CLU®, ChFC®, RICP®, CASL, ASPPA, and other certifications continuing education (CE) credit.
The Retirement Resource Center provides retirement-specific professional development programs by leading experts so advisors and middle-income consumers make decisions that fortify their retirement security and peace of mind.
You can earn continuing education credit from our live and on-demand webinar courses for the following certifications:
- Certified Financial Planner® (CFP®) – We are a CFP Board CE Quality Partner
- Certified Retirement Counselor® (CRC®) – We are an InFRE® Quality CE Provider.
- CRPC (Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor) and other College for Financial Planning designations
- American College Professional Achievement in Continuing Education recertification credits for CLU®, ChFC®, RICP®, CASL
- ASPPA designations
For retirement professional teams – Retirement conferences on-demand!
We’ve built relationships with the retirement industry’s leading speakers, authors, trainers and professional development experts over almost 30 years in the financial industry. Find out more about the experts who write, produce and present retirement education courses, materials and consulting available through the Int’l Retirement Resource Center.
Retirement professionals can access either a custom-designed group series through our “Retirement Conference On-Demand programs, or individually with our regularly-scheduled, live monthly professional development/continuing education series of over 60 retirement-specific courses available singly. Our educational programs reach advisors, employers, groups of advisors, retirement professional office staff, and consumers. Programs are available individually or as a sponsored promotion by a financial services firms.
Retirement Conferences On-Demand are based on recommended learning plans for YEAR 1 (Overview Level Plan) and YEAR 2 (Intermediate Level Plan), as well as a recommended learning plan for consumers and employees.
Click here to learn more about how you can schedule a custom Retirement Conference On-Demand for up to 25 individuals.
Do you have a specific question about how we can help your organization, firm, or company to become more Retirement Smart? Contact us directly to inquire about this or other Client- and Employee- specific and Licensable courses.
For individual advisors – 60+ courses including weekly no-quiz webinars!!
How do we help you to fit the retirement education and information you need into your busy schedule?
We believe that the best way to earn retirement-specific continuing education throughout the year. This is how our individual advisor professional development program works:
- Our online courses are initially delivered as monthly live webinars, where attendees have the opportunity to ask the expert questions and earn CE credit without taking a quiz.
- Do you have a question for our live presenters? Ask the presenter your question during upcoming LIVE webinars.
- Next, we offer weekly rebroadcast webinars to give busy advisors the opportunity to earn quiz-free CE 52 weeks/year.
- View the LIVE and Rebroadcast webinar schedule – no quiz necessary to obtain CE when you attend live webinars and rebroadcasts.
- Finally, webinars are recorded and made available as on-demand elearning courses to make it easy for you to learn and acquire CE credit in a format and time-frame that fits your lifestyle.
- On-demand recorded webinar courses – Take recorded webinar courses on-demand anytime; receive CE when you pass the online quiz at the end of the course.
A printable certificate confirms CE credit is successfully earned for live and on-demand courses. CE is reported directly to the CFP Board of Standards (CFP) and the International Foundation for Retirement Education (CRC). Advisors must self report CE for other certifications and designations.
- Not familiar with on-demand courses? We help you be sure you’re comfortable navigating our online system. Just contact our customer service department by email anytime or by phone 847.686.0440×105 during regular business hours.
Need more CE? Save with a Retirement Resource Center Subscription
Become a Subscriber for immediate access to our full roster of retirement CE offerings.
60+ weekly no-quiz webinars and on-demand courses – One low price!
Choose any no-quiz webinars or on-demand recorded courses for $29 each. Or…
- $99 for 90 days – Choose from 60+ CE courses, including live and rebroadcast webinars (no quizzes required) – ALL ACCESS to all courses for 90 days
- $199 for 365 days – Annual subscription includes all on-demand recorded webinars plus 60+ live or rebroadcast courses (no quizzes required)
- Compare both subscriptions here.