Why do financial professionals need to deepen and broaden their understanding of retirement?
Retirement income planning is complex.
According to the Investment Company Institute, total US retirement assets were $26.6 trillion as of June 30, 2017, accounting for 34 percent of all household financial assets in the United States.
The fiduciary duty of loyalty (putting the best interests of the client first), is only one-half of the fiduciary standard. As retirement professionals, we also are required to meet a fiduciary duty of care. The Department of Labor’s Best Interests Contract Exemption attaches a fiduciary obligation to the Financial Institution itself to sufficiently train their advisors. Advisors need to know what are the best potential solutions for the client.
The Retirement Resource Center provides retirement-specific professional development programs by leading experts so advisors and middle-income consumers make decisions that fortify their retirement security and peace of mind.
A retirement conference at your fingertips.
We’ve built relationships with the retirement industry’s leading speakers, authors, trainers and professional development experts over almost 30 years in the financial industry. We’re also a Quality CE Partner with the CFP Board of Standards.
Retirement professionals can access either a custom-designed series, or our regularly-scheduled, live monthly professional development/continuing education series, or our menu of over 50 retirement-specific courses as individuals, as part of a group of advisors, with their office staff, or as a sponsored promotion by a financial services firm.
Find out more about the experts who write, produce and present retirement education courses, materials and consulting available through the Int’l Retirement Resource Center.
Courses qualify for CFP®, CRC®, ASPPA, CLU®, ChFC®, RICP®, CASL and other certifications continuing education (CE) credit.
- Certified Retirement Counselor® (CRC®) – We are an InFRE® Quality CE Provider.
- CRPC (Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor) and other College for Financial Planning designations
- American College Professional Achievement in Continuing Education recertification credits for CLU®, ChFC®, RICP®, CASL
- ASPPA designations
- View all courses by topic or alphabetically below.
How our professional development program works
- We believe it is the best way to earn retirement-specific continuing education throughout the year. Courses are initially delivered as monthly live webinars, where attendees have the opportunity to ask the expert questions and earn CE credit without taking a quiz.
- Webinars are recorded and made available as elearning courses to make it easy for advisors to learn and acquire CE credit in a format and time-frame that fits their busy life.
- A printable certificate confirms CE credit is successfully earned for live and elearning courses. CE is reported directly to the CFP Board of Standards (CFP) and the International Foundation for Retirement Education (CRC). Advisors must self report CE for other certifications and designations.
We help you easily stay up-to-date with what’s happening in retirement. Topics cover the three parts of retirement expertise:
Retirement continuing education (CE) memberships
In addition to individual courses, we are proud to offer two membership levels that each offer full access to 50+ CE courses. The differences between the levels are in number of live courses with no exams required and length of access.
- Purchase live webinar, rebroadcast, and recorded courses each worth 1-2 CE for $29 individually.
- $99 for 90 days – Choose from 50+ CE courses, including live and rebroadcast webinars (no quizzes required) – FULL ACCESS to all courses for 90 days
- $199 for 365 days – Annual membership includes all online recorded webinars plus 24 live courses (no quizzes required)
View retirement continuing education and professional development courses
- Live webinar and upcoming rebroadcasts – no quiz necessary to obtain CE when you attend live webinars and rebroadcasts.
- Online recorded webinar (elearning) courses – Pass the short quiz at the end of the course to receive CE.
- Contact us to inquire about Client- and Employee- specific and Licensable courses.
- Receive CE Credit without the need to take a quiz when you attend upcoming LIVE and Rebroadcast webinars.
- Take recorded webinar courses online anytime; receive CE when you pass the online quiz at the end of the course.
- Courses are $29 each, or have FULL ACCESS to all 50+ courses below, live and recorded, for 90 Days/$99 or $199 when you Become a Member.