Gain insight into how important it is that we help our clients prepare financially for retirement by considering their total wealth, and not only their investable assets.
Financial assets, such as stocks and bonds, are only one component of an investor’s total economic worth.
Other assets, such as human capital, real estate, and pensions often represent a significant portion of an investor’s total wealth, but are commonly ignored when building portfolios.
David Blanchett, head of retirement research at Morningstar Investment Management, explores various frameworks to design more efficient portfolios from a total wealth perspective in this presentation. Topics discussed include the relevance of human capital, optimal endowment allocations given donation risk, the impact of liabilities on optimal portfolios, efficient income investing, taxes, and optimal portfolios for different investing durations.
- Discover different types of risks to consider when building portfolios that are more efficient for clients when viewed from a total wealth perspective;
- Understand why there is no one efficient portfolio for all investors;
- Learn frameworks for incorporating different risks and preferences into the portfolio optimization process.
David Blanchett, CFA, CFP®, AIFA, Head of Retirement Research, Morningstar Investment Management
David Blanchett, CFA, CFP®, AIFA, is the head of retirement research for Morningstar Investment Management. David conducts research primarily in the areas of financial planning, tax planning, annuities, and retirement plans and he serves as the Chairman of the Advice Methodologies Investment subcommittee. He conducts research primarily in the areas of financial planning, tax planning, annuities, and retirement plans and he serves as the Chairman of the Advice Methodologies Investment subcommittee.
Moderator: Betty Meredith, CFA, CFP®, CRC®, Int’l Retirement Resource Center
1 hr CFP®, CRC®, and other CE Credit Reporting
Your satisfaction guaranteed:
We know that you will be pleased with your purchase of this product. If, however, you are not completely satisfied notify us within 30 days of your purchase to receive a full refund of your fee.
Not familiar with online courses?
We help you be sure you’re comfortable navigating our online system.
Just contact our customer service department by email anytime or by phone 847.686.0440×105 during regular business hours.
Overall Rating: 4.3 / 5
Video and audio MP3 formats available
Specifications: 60 minute webinar course
Knowledge Level: 3 – Intermediate
Comments from Retirement Professionals who have taken this course:
- “The flow of the webinar was great. Easy to follow and listen to.”
- “Excellent balance of theory and pragmatic approach to overall allocations.”
- “It was excellent and I totally agree with David Blanchett’s presentation.”
- “Excellent, keep up the good work.”
- “Fast paced but a very good session for reinforcement about the holistic need in portfolio construction.”