Wade D. Pfau, Ph.D., CFA, Professor of Retirement Income for the American College of Financial Services
Wade D. Pfau, Ph.D., CFA, is a Professor of Retirement Income for the American College of Financial Services and the Director of Retirement Research for McLean Asset Management, as well as the author of Insights & Research for Lifetime Financial Planning for the Retirement Researcher.
Wade is passionate about retirement income security for Americans by providing educational material and information about retirement income strategies for advisors. Wade recently joined the American College in the spring as a Professor of Retirement Income in their new Ph.D. program on Financial Services and Retirement Planning.
Presentations by Wade Pfau
Webinar courses available from Wade Pfau:
How Much Can I Spend in Retirement? A Guide to Investment-Based Retirement Income Strategies – Wade Pfau
Estimates provided by traditional studies about sustainable spending may be too optimistic, or may be even higher than traditional studies imply.
It is important for advisors to understand a variety of spending and asset allocation approaches in order to manage sequence of returns risk and develop sustainable spending strategies.
Fitting Home Equity into a Retirement Income Strategy – Wade Pfau
How can reverse mortgages be used to better secure retirement?
The reverse mortgage option may be a method for responsible retirees to create liquidity for an otherwise illiquid asset.
Learn how to think about reverse mortgages as a form of insurance to protect against market losses.
Optimizing Retirement Income Solutions in Defined Contribution Retirement Plans – Steve Vernon, Wade Pfau
See highlights and conclusions from a 4-phase research project sponsored by the Society of Actuaries (SOA) and the Stanford Center on Longevity, illustrating an analytical framework for evaluating retirement income generators that could be offered in DC retirement plans and how to use a diversified portfolio approach.
More about Wade Pfau
- Wade Pfau served as a past curriculum director for the Retirement Management Analyst (RMA) designation program
- Contributed to the curriculum of the Retirement Income Certified Professional (RICP) designation from the American College
- He holds a doctorate in economics from Princeton University
- Past selectee for the InvestmentNews Power 20 for people expected to shape the financial advisory industry
- Recipient of Financial Planning magazine’s Influencer Awards
- Wade’s research article on “safe savings rates” won the inaugural Journal of Financial Planning Montgomery-Warschauer Editor’s Award
- Wade’s work on evaluating the outcomes of different retirement income strategies received an Academic Thought Leadership Award from the Retirement Income Industry Association
- Published research on retirement planning in a wide variety of academic and practitioner research journals
- Active blogger on retirement research, maintaining the educational Retirement Researcher website
- Monthly columnist for Advisor Perspectives, a RetireMentor for MarketWatch, and an Expert Panelist for the Wall Street Journal
- Wade’s research has been discussed in outlets including the print editions of The Economist, Wall Street Journal, and SmartMoney
Please visit the Retirement Speakers Bureau to find out how you can request any of 30+ retirement industry experts and thought leaders to speak at your next meeting, conference, or other event.