Wade D. Pfau, Ph.D., CFA, Professor of Retirement Income for the American College of Financial Services
Wade D. Pfau, Ph.D., CFA, is a Professor of Retirement Income for the American College of Financial Services and the Director of Retirement Research for McLean Asset Management, as well as the author of Insights & Research for Lifetime Financial Planning for the Retirement Researcher.
Wade is passionate about retirement income security for Americans by providing educational material and information about retirement income strategies for advisors. Wade recently joined the American College in the spring as a Professor of Retirement Income in their new Ph.D. program on Financial Services and Retirement Planning.
Presentations by Wade D. Pfau, Ph.D, CFA
How Much Can I Spend in Retirement? A Guide to Investment-Based Retirement Income Strategies – Wade Pfau
Estimates provided by traditional studies about sustainable spending may be too optimistic, or may be even higher than traditional studies imply.
It is important for advisors to understand a variety of spending and asset allocation approaches in order to manage sequence of returns risk and develop sustainable spending strategies.
How can reverse mortgages be used to better secure retirement?
The reverse mortgage option may be a method for responsible retirees to create liquidity for an otherwise illiquid asset.
Learn how to think about reverse mortgages as a form of insurance to protect against market losses.
Optimizing Retirement Income Solutions in Defined Contribution Retirement Plans – Steve Vernon, Wade Pfau
See highlights and conclusions from a 4-phase research project sponsored by the Society of Actuaries (SOA) and the Stanford Center on Longevity.
The work illustrates an analytical framework for evaluating retirement income generators that could be offered in DC retirement plans and how to use a diversified portfolio approach.
More about Wade Pfau, Ph.D, CFA
Wade Pfau has published research on retirement planning in a wide variety of academic and practitioner research journals. His research has been discussed in outlets including the print editions of The Economist, Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Forbes, Money, Newsweek, >i>SmartMoney, and others.
Wade is also a monthly columnist for Advisor Perspectives, a RetireMentor for MarketWatch, and an Expert Panelist for the Wall Street Journal
- How Much Can I Spend in Retirement? A Guide to Investment-Based Retirement Income Strategies
- Reverse Mortgages: How to use Reverse Mortgages to Secure Your Retirement
- You may also read Wade’s work regularly on his blog at his Retirement Researcher blog
Wade Pfau, PhD, holds a doctorate in economics from Princeton University.
- Past selectee for the InvestmentNews Power 20 for people expected to shape the financial advisory industry
- Recipient of Financial Planning magazine’s Influencer Awards
- Wade’s research article on “safe savings rates” won the inaugural Journal of Financial Planning Montgomery-Warschauer Editor’s Award
- Wade’s work on evaluating the outcomes of different retirement income strategies received an Academic Thought Leadership Award from the Retirement Income Industry Association
Have Wade Pfau, PhD, CFA speak at your event!
Wade Pfau is an experienced speaker and presenter with a passion for providing industry-leading information to his audiences. He is available to speak at your conference or appear at one of your events.
Or, learn more about other Retirement Speakers Bureau presenters to find the one that’s best for your event.