12/13/2018 Advance Care Planning: A Critical Component for Building Client Relationships – Paul Malley – LIVE WEBINAR
This LIVE WEBINAR in which you may ask the presenter a question will be held on Thursday, December 13, 2018, Noon – 1:00 PM EST – no need to take the online quiz to receive CE! If you miss the webinar you will be able to take the online recorded course 10-14 days after the live event to receive 1 hr CFP®, CRC®, and other Continuing Education Credit when you pass the online quiz.
Each day, 10,000 people turn 65. As the population ages, there are more life transitions to assist in helping clients navigate complex health and financial issues.
An overlooked aspect of an advisor’s role is advance care planning – or defining, communicating and documenting healthcare wishes.
Currently, less than 30 percent of adults have an advance directive. This webinar will help advisors develop skills to begin and continue these difficult conversations, use advance care planning to build an outreach and education program, and provide a step-by-step guide on completing an advance directive.
In “Advance Care Planning: A Critical Component for Building Client Relationships – Paul Malley” you will:
- Learn the value of advance care planning for your clients as a tool for increasing trust and referrals;
- Better understand how to start conversations with clients on advance care planning;
- Identify the barriers to conversations on end-of-life issues and provide the steps to open the lines of communication;
- Recognize how the general public views advance directives and explain the benefits of completing the Five Wishes—the nation’s premier advance care planning program;
- Apply the objectives on a daily basis when working with clients in order to assess their needs and wants.
About the presenter:
Paul Malley is President of Aging with Dignity, a national non-profit organization based in Tallahassee, Florida, with a mission to help individuals and their families receive the care they want in case of a serious illness. Aging with Dignity, is the creator and distributor of America’s most popular advance directive, Five Wishes, an easy-to-use legal document – used by more 30 million people – that addresses important medical issues as well as personal, emotional and spiritual matters at the end of life.
Paul Malley and the work of Aging with Dignity have been featured in national media including the CBS, NBC, and ABC evening news, CNN, MSNBC, NBC Today Show, Good Morning America, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Newsweek, Time, and Consumer Reports.
Malley has also guided the efforts of several aging advocacy groups to improve state policy on advance care planning. He was appointed by Gov. Jeb Bush to the Florida delegation of the White House Conference on Aging, an event held once every decade to shape public policy on issues related to aging.
Each month we feature a speaker who is presenting an upcoming webinar, in which you may ask the expert your specific question. If your question is selected during the webinar, you will receive either:
- A 90-Day $99 membership for free, giving you full access to 50+ courses and any no-quiz webinars and rebroadcasts held during that time!
- Or, if you are already a member you will have your membership extended by 90 days, at no extra fee!
You do not need to make a purchase or be present to win.
Moderator: Betty Meredith, CFA, CFP®, CRC®, Int’l Retirement Resource Center
1 hr CFP®, CRC®, and other CE Credit Reporting
Your satisfaction guaranteed:
We know that you will be pleased with your purchase of this product. If, however, you are not completely satisfied notify us within 30 days of your purchase to receive a full refund of your fee.
Not familiar with online courses?
We help you be sure you’re comfortable navigating our online system.
Just contact our customer service department by email anytime or by phone 847.686.0440×105 during regular business hours.
Overall Rating: 4.3 / 5
Video and audio MP3 formats available
Specifications: 60 minute webinar course
Knowledge Level: 2 – Basic